Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, April 15, 2011

An Evening With Pianist Poom Prommachart



Tonight was a Rach-in night - as guest soloist Poom Prommachart dazzled the local audience at the Cultural Center of the Philippines with Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 3!  What I know of Rachmaninov I owe to the movie 'Shine' since my knowledge of classical music is pretty pedestrian.  As usual, the ticket I got was really in front of the stage, and tonight, I was just in the second row, just in front of Poom.  I couldn't see his hands in action though since there my seat could not afford that view, but I could see his face perfectly - and like most pianists I've seen who do Rach - Poom was just into it - like in a meditative mood - savoring the music and putting his personal stamp on this muscular piece of music.  I am always in awe with how pianists like Poom produce sublime music and command the piano to just spill it out!  Tonight was no exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment