Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Are you the type of person who dismantles the world first before putting it back together again?



I grew up with a very authoritative mother and asking questions was not really something we did.  I guess that's how I became a bit passive in my life. I knew I did well in school but I was never really inquisitive about things.  I guess my mother just snuffed it early on.  Can't blame her because we were five children.  Must be tough having to entertain the questions of five toddlers all at once.  So I guess she developed that stern stare that would quiet as down soon as we wanted to ask for something or about something.

Of course now that we're raising Laura and Dylan, I have kept their avenue of inquisitiveness wide open.  I want them to be both dismantlers of the world and allow them to discover how to put everything back together again.  I felt I have been disabled too much because of my inability to ask questions.  I feel I could've lived a more vibrant life if I were more inquisitive, more probing, more brave, more assertive. But my time is up now, and it's time to pass on those skills to the young kids. 

As they used to say in UP, "Ang hindi nagtatanog, tanga!"

No comments:

Post a Comment