Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, April 4, 2014

Reminiscing About American Beauty!

They're showing American Beauty on HBO right now. This is one of those rare years that the Oscar voters and I had the same choice for Best Picture.

One important lesson I learned in this movie is that even the most expensive things are just - well, things! "It's just a couch!" is a quote from this movie that I always return to especially when I lose an expensive material thing.

It's just a couch, even if it's made in Italy and the leather is as soft as cashmere. It's just a material thing. Nobody died Tony.

Of course the movie has more sinister themes and the funny thing is, I can totally understand it now! I really feel for Lester (Kevin Spacey) and like most middle-aged guys going through this phase in our lives, we do have our fantasy moments which are best kept to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment