Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RIP 'O Captain, My Captain' - Robin Williams as John Keating in Dead Poet's Society


We all have teachers like 'John Keating' from the movie Dead Poets Society, the first "serious" role comedian Robin Williams did which made the Academy notice that he can really act!

Cry cry talaga ako sa movie na eto kasi when the movie was released in 1989, I was at a point in my life where I could really relate to the character who was at odds with his parents regarding his choices in life. I was actually shocked that the character committed suicide since I was also contemplating on doing that. Thankfully, that movie was enough to prevent me from killing myself at 18.

It's a bit ironic that news reports have been telling that Mr. Williams apparently took his own life. Chronic depression is like a ball of iron tired to your feet, weighing you down even if you're trying to find happiness in life. Must've been really hard for him since he was a natural comic.

Anyway, the man offered the world so much joy and laughter in his movies - so it's fitting to just celebrate that - his greatest achievement and legacy to us all - and for all generations to come!

Borrowing from Walt Whitman, "O Captain, My Captain", RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment