Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Revisiting the Original Domestic Airport in Pasay

Throughout the 80s and the 90s, the old domestic airport was the one I used when I had to go Manila from Cebu and vice versa.  When I worked in Cagayan de Oro in the 90s, it became some sort of friend I revisited time and time again in my course of work.  However, I haven't been to the place for almost 20 years now since I ended up going to the other airports like the NAIA Terminal 3 (Cebu Pacific) or Terminal 2 (PAL).

However, when I got my SEAIR ticket and it said NAIA Terminal 4, I immediately asked the travel agency where THAT was - and she said it was the original domestic airport.  It was like revisiting an old friend - and I was happy to see that the place hasn't fallen into disrepair.  It is almost exactly the same as it looked before - but this time, SEAIR and Zest Air are using it!  

There are still food stalls in the waiting area, a massage area, a Seattle's Best Coffee and Cinnabon and Dunkin Donuts and a cellphone load area, money changer and a store that sells magazines.  

No wifi though.

By the way, I also used the Quezon Avenue - Quiapo - Manila City Hall - Roxas Boulevard - Pasay Domestic Road - route going there - and it was quick and a sort of deja vu from the old days! Took us just 43 minutes to go there - it helped though that it was at 7AM Saturday morning - so I guess it's the best flight to get getting out of Manila!

Here we are taking our breakfast.  Food is a bit pricey though - like most airports.  I ate pork and rice and my bill was 160 pesos (US$4).  It's serviceable though, not really delicious.

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment