Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Hate You But I Can't Resist You: WTF is that?

 

While watching the first few minutes of the classic romance movie Love Story, I was a bit shocked at the lines the woman in the movie played by Ali McGraw was saying to her supposed romantic lead played by Ryan O'Neal.  I knew I was watching a romance movie and I knew that the "opposites attract" formula has always been used in this movie genre, but I just found some of the lines too brutal, offensive and something I myself wouldn't take sitting down!  Funny thing is, Ryan's character in the movie is not only drop dead gorgeous, he is PERFECT! Humble, a jock for Christ's sake, not a womanizer, very smart, I mean, do guys like these even exist in real life!!???  And he takes in all the verbal abuse and just shrugs them off! This guy could outnag a nagger!!

Anyway, the last time I saw this movie formula - "I hate you but I can't resist you" being used was in the local movie of Coco Martin and Angeline Quinto (I don't remember the movie's title, but it was the first movie of Angeline).  I just saw the trailer but scene after scene and line after line showed their animosity - and still, they ended up falling in love with each other!!

Hayyy.....movies nga naman.  In real life, if another guy talks to me like that, even if he looks like all my male fantasies combined, I'd ask him to take a hike and I'd kick his ass pa!  You insult me and then you say you love me.  WTF, f*** you!

Funny thing is, in the movies, this formula actually works!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment