Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

E.E. Cummings Poetry and In Her Shoes

http://fathomlessmystery.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/i-carry-your-heart-in-my-heart.jpg


http://fathomlessmystery.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/in_her_shoes.jpg 


 I was channel switching last night when I came across the movie In Her Shoes, which I saw years ago in the cinema.  The funny thing is, I was able to appreciate the movie more, now that I saw it on TV.  It must've been a case of me falling asleep again when watching movies!  Crazy eh!

Anyway, the scene that I caught was the best scene of all.  It is where Cameron Diaz's character reads an E.E. Cummings poem which she dedicates to her sister, played by Toni Collette.  The title of the poem is "I Carry Your Heart With Me".  I had tears in my eyes after Cameron read the poem!  I was just so moved by the words!  

So anyway, here is the whole poem.  Cameron reads all of it in the movie.  If you took a poetry class in college, you would know that E.E. Cummings writes his poems this way.


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment