Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Life as a Teacher Starts Today


Today was a whirlwind of activities for me like contract signing and the routine medical check-up.
I really don't know why you have to show your bum to a doctor just to get a job! Buti na lang I only did it twice in my lifetime.
What if I changed jobs every year like so many millennials - di every year I have to expose my bum to a new doctor?!
Oo nga pala, why am I complaining, I expose my bum on a regular basis but not necessarily to a doctor. OMG! I will never be able to joke like this once I add friends from the school huhuhu
Seriously, I had information overload kanina. It was like, here's your job, read all of this! Plus this! And this!
Buti na lang that's a regular thing sa UP so I don't get fazed anymore. Kulang pa ba sa readings? Dagdagan pa!
Anyhow, I am teaching a subject called Global Perspectives. It's like International Studies but concentrating on key global issues. In other words, eto na ang globalized version ng Social Studies that we had in high school.
The materials are amazing! Tatakan ba naman ng Cambridge o di ba? You can charge na agad 400K sa tuition fee!
Kidding aside, these kids are lucky because it's a critical thinking course and even the grading system is so rigid to avoid subjectivity in checking.
And poor them, they got me as their teacher because I have 10 years experience in editing they will see so many red marks on their paper, their papers will be bleeding red!
Just kidding! These are just 14 and 15 year old kids so I have to imagine where I was also at that age. At that age, all I thought about was dancing to Where's the Party and Who's That Girl!
Now they have to write about climate change and global terrorism. Ang saya-saya!
On a closing note, before I sleep, Mrs. Paglinawan was one of my most favorite teachers ever, and she was a great Social Studies teacher.
Now, it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment