Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, July 22, 2016

Amazed at Today's Classroom Technology


My direct boss is Indian and she's very pretty! She could easily be Miss India or Miss Universe for that matter.

But just like one of the posts I read, "Some women dream of becoming Miss Universe, some dream of becoming a teacher" - or something along that line.

This line of conversation came up because one of my co-teachers saw her in the parking lot yesterday and he saw her in her car, with the windows down, her hair tied up and she was wearing sunglasses, and he swore, he saw a fashion model - and not our boss....

I guess she has decided to 'dress down' a bit because she teaches high school and high school boys can be notoriously horny and can't do anything about it!

Anyhow, this week, I was amazed at how fast technology has caught up in the classrooms! The last time I taught, I used Manila paper and chalk and the board.

Now, I have to teach using a laptop and everything is projected on the board. I can show videos and my students can bring their laptops or Ipads to my class. We can even research together during the discussion!

Using paper is discouraged so all homeworks are done through Google and its Classroom application. It even has an automatic checker but I don't know if I can use that since my class is focused more on essay writing.

Anyhow, I am still adjusting to all this technology since I am used to the traditional chalk and board.

I don't know how they are going to take notes the traditional way like I did since they can easily ask for my notes, which are accessible to them.

I just hope this new way of "note-taking" will allow them to "digest" the lessons. I'm a bit of a skeptic since I think the note and pad is still the best way.

If you notice, even today's TV reporters still do it. They just present their written news reports using their phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment