Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Discovering Katharine Hepburn, Bob Hope, Lana Turner and Spencer Tracy!


One sign of ageing! I now watch movies sa TCM.  Ewan ko ba? There's something about getting older and pining for the things from the past.

These past few weeks, instead of going to HBO first, I check on what's TCM and I've been rewarded by two great movies starring three Hollywood greats - Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and Bob Hope - Adam's Rib and Bachelor in Paradise.

I now understand why Hollywood has such deep reverence for Katharine Hepburn - being the only actor to have four acting Oscars - and all of that sa Best Actress category pa! Ang lakas ng screen presence niya.

The movie I saw, Adam's Rib, was done in 1949 pa, yet she acted very modern and exemplified a strong, intelligent woman who can think on her own terms.

I was not lucky enough to see Bob Hope host the Oscars.  Like most of my generation, our Oscars are associated more with Billy Crystal hosting it, but I've seen enough footages showing Bob Hope host the event, since 14 times nga siya host ng event. 

He can really act pala and he's really funny! He's like some sort of suave, handsome comedian, medyo malayo sa current peg natin ng comedians here in the Philippines.  Dito kasi pag comedy, associated with 'not very goodlooking stars'.

Anyway, I saw how beautiful Lana Turner is pala and also saw how Spencer Tracy really looks like.  The two classic movies were great to watch since it showed an America which was very formal - where people looked dressed up, even when they were at home! And the language of the scripts were very witty!

What I want to see actually is the movie version of To Kill A Mockingbird.  I read the book 20 years ago and I was so moved by it.  I want to see how they made it into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment