Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, June 23, 2014

From The Files of Padre Damaso

My "favorite" parish priest brought us back into the medieval ages again in his sermon yesterday - this time attacking both animists and Born- Again Christians. Apparently, according to him, Born-Again Christians have a different view on the Body of Christ (Corpus Christi) and although, I was not able to fully understand the argument (since I never studied Theology), he was saying their belief is wrong etc etc - which again for me was disturbing!

I don't really understand why some Catholic priests like him want to play that superiority card when it comes to other religions, when I personally believe, regardless of one's religion, that we, as human beings, are just worshipping one and the same God - and to say that one's religious beliefs are more valid than another's has led mankind on the path of genocide and destructive wars and hatred for one another.

Can we just get along with each other and respect each other's beliefs? Why can't he just preach about inclusive love instead of excluding other people who may have different interpretations of religious doctrine.

He even derided animists - people who worship spirits of nature - as people who worship demons!! He called dwarves, demons, ang kapre - demonyo din, and pati si Maria Makiling - demonyo din! So a fictional fairy who represents caring for one's environment is a demon! Nakakaloka si Father!

Buti na lang the sermon was delivered in Tagalog so Laura did not understand anything. Otherwise I wouldn't know how to explain to her that the seven dwarves in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves are not the Devil himself. Kasi sabi ni father, "ang mga duwende - demonyo yan". Laura even asked me after the sermon, "Why was Father shouting and shouting kanina" I just jokingly said, "Because he saw me again sleeping so he shouted so I would wake up from my sleep!"

No comments:

Post a Comment