Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, June 26, 2014

It's The Virgin LabFest Once Again at the CCP!

With one of the actors in the play by Layeta Bucoy. I failed to take down his name, silly me!

With Liesl Catherine Batucan, one of the lead players in Allan Lopez's play.  One thing I noticed about the women characters was they were all having a full sex life!! Walang Maria Clara complex!  Go lang kung go!
To all my friends who are theater fans - it's Virgin LabFest again at the CCP - one of my most favorite local cultural events of the year! 

To the uninitiated, this two-week festival showcases new plays written by both veteran and newbie playwrights - and they have the most interesting stories to tell!!
That's why after I saw one edition two years ago, I try my best not to miss it.

Actually, I told Vic that if only I had extra money, I would produce some of those plays and transfer them to another venue like Metro Bar or to a crowd who does not normally watch theater but would love a good laugh. That's because some of the plays are really hilarious! Pwedeng-pwede sa comedy bar!

Anyway, the plays for Set A today had a common thread - dealing with abandonment and break-ups. From a producer's point of view, two of them can be shown commercially while the third one would be for the university and the BED Manila crowd since it involves two guys kissing and groping and kissing and fighting. Kulang na lang magmake-up sex sila dun! Well, no censorship in the CCP, nice!!

The works in Set A were written by veteran playwrights and directed by the who's who in local theater (Chris Millado, Audie Gemora) - a potent collaboration!! And the setting is so intimate, it's like you're a voyeur into your neighbor's houses!


Incidentally, the plays for Set A were Anonymous by Liza Magtoto, Sa Isang Hindi Natatanging Umaga by Allan Lopez, and Sa Pagitan ng Dalawang Kahong Liham by Layeta Bucoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment