Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Movie Review: Laughing My Brains Out in 'Young Adult'

Oscar-winning screenwriter for Juno, Diablo Cody can really write funny stuff.  I was watching Young Adult yesterday and Laura would ask me why I was laughing so hard when I was watching it.  Well, there are some scenes in the movie which really got to me - considering that the lead in the movie, played realistically by Charlize Theron, is about my age.  

The story of the movie is actually pretty simple since it's about someone still hooked on her high school love - a not uncommon occurrence even among my friends - but what makes this movie psychotically delightful is the way Charlize plays her role - and how Patton Oswalt - her former schoolmate tries to make her realize the folly of her ways.  I love the extraordinary climax scene where Charlize undergoes a compleat and complete meltdown!!  That's how you should freak out in public!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment