Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Strangely Ambivalent to 2013 Oscars Best Picture Noms

Normally, in any given year, I would be passionate in supporting one, two, sometimes, three movies during the annual Oscar derby.  It was even more exciting when they expanded their nominations to ten slots in the Best Picture category - since it allowed more 'normal' movies to be nominated.  

However, I have been strangely ambivalent to the roster of Best Picture nominees this year, although undeniably most of them were box-office successes and were technically competent.  Well, I haven't seen all of them yet, but with the ones, I've seen, I haven't really been moved that much.

Well, I usually leave the films I'm least interested in to watch last, and I usually watch what I think interests me more, first.  But this year, all the ones I thought I'd be interested in, just, well, bored me.  Les Miz, Argo, Silver Linings - all disappointments.  I still have to see Lincoln, Amour, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty.  I liked Life of Pi but it didn't stir me enough.

Oh well, I hope at least one of the five Best Picture nominees I haven't seen yet will turn out to be an emotional gem for me.  Otherwise, 2013 will go down as the year, I didn't feel passionate about any of the Oscar Best Picture noms.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment