Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Five Favorite Meryl Streep Performances

Well, finally I've seen Meryl Streep's Oscar-winning performance in The Iron Lady, her third Oscar and her second Best Actress award.  With her mind-boggling 17 Oscar acting nominations and 3 wins, I decided to come up with five of my most favorite performances of this screen legend.  It was VERY DIFFICULT to do since she was just superb in most of her performances but I decided to just pick five to make it the really CHOICE CUTS!

Well, here they are - my five most favorite Meryl Streep performances -

#5  Death Become Her



She wasn't nominated for an Oscar for this movie but I really found her funny here - and at that time - the special effects in this movie were groundbreaking! And with two good actresses in the helm - Meryl and fellow Oscar winner, Goldie Hawn, this movie was quite a treat!  Meryl rarely did comedy but when she did, she was really funny in it!

#4 A Cry In The Dark





She played Lindsey Chamberlain here, an unpopular character at that time since she was a mother who lost her kid to a dingo.  Better watch the movie and see how Meryl just attacks the role.

#3  Out of Africa



I was a teenager when this movie came out and I was mesmerized by Meryl's accent and the delicate nature of her character - and how sweeping the vistas of Africa were in this movie.  She, as Karen Blixen, and Africa here were just majestic.

#2  Sophie's Choice





I saw this movie as a college student already.  When this was released, betamax was the equipment used to show home movies and we didn't have it at home.  Also, the movie was never shown in our weekly Sunday theatre.  She was really amazing here!  Everybody remember's that Solomonic scene!

#1  Kramer vs. Kramer





This movie won her her first Oscar and of course, the hearts of millions of her fans.  She was just devastatingly good here - her no apologies portrayal of her character actually endeared her to many - and when I saw it as a college student already - I realized that women did have the right to find themselves first before they get lost in their roles as wives and mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment