Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gustav Klimt's Painting: The Movie I Want to Watch from Among the SAG Nominees


When I scanned the SAG nominations, I immediately knew that this was the movie Vic and I would watch agad!
Admittedly, I was surprised that Helen Mirren got nominated for Best Actress for this film, Woman in Gold, because her name wasn't in the shortlist of any of the more popular critics.
Just goes to show that actors judge differently from movie critics..
Anyhow, the reason why Vic and I would most likely want to watch this movie is because we are, like millions of other people, big fans of Gustav Klimt's Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer! Yes, that painting! We even have a similar replica of it in Vic's room! And Vic knows that story behind that painting and what happened to it after World War II.
Basically, that's the gist of the story of Woman in Gold.
Helen Mirren is the niece of Adele Bloch-Bauer and she fought the Austrian government for the right to possess what was really their family's painting which the Nazis stole from them.
That's basically what I know. The rest, I may have to watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment