Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, October 11, 2013

Air Asia Zest Now Flies From Manila!

           
I flew to Kuala Lumpur twice last year through Air Asia at the Clark airport and it was probably the breeziest departure I’ve had in years, considering how congested the check-in counters are of the other airports here in Metro Manila.  However, I guess I’m luckier than most Metro Manilans since I have a driver who can bring me to Clark and then pick me up anytime I want.  So, even if I told my friends about the convenience at the Clark airport and how comfortable Air Asia was, it was still a bit of a hardsell since driving to Clark alone would take about two hours at the normal speed of driving – and the buses from Trinoma may not always fit the flight schedules that one wants.

So, when I learned today that AirAsia has already partnered with Zest Air to form Air Asia Zest, I was very excited because among the budget airlines, Air Asia was probably one of the most comfortable rides I’ve ever had, and I haven’t experienced yet any major hassle or delays with their flights.  Another good news is that Air Asia Zest is flying from Manila specifically from the NAIA Terminal 4!  Hurrah!

Among the destinations that Air Asia Zest travels to, my most favorite is Kuala Lumpur.  For the past 12 months, I actually flew there three times already!!  First, with my BFF, Mabel, as a birthday treat, then again with Mama as her birthday treat October of last year,  and then this year, last month, to watch the Malaysian Tennis Kuala Lumpur Open, where I got to see the top ATP players like David Ferrer and Stan Wawrinka play at the Putra Indoor Stadium.  I wouldn’t mind visiting Kuala Lumpur once again since there are just so many events and still so many places that I haven’t visited yet.  I haven’t been to the Batu Caves or the Genting Highlands and I would love to go around Putrajaya and jog along the biggest roundabout in the world or take pictures of the amazing bridges they have there, and if possible, visit the blue mosque!

At last month's Malaysian Kuala Lumpur Tennis Open at the Putra Indoor Stadium

Treating my Mom on her 71st birthday with a trip to Kuala Lumpur, via Air Asia of course!

Mama took this picture of me when we boarded our Air Asia flight to KL

 
I usually buy a seat on the emergency exit area and my BFF took this picture while I was sleeping, I decided to get all three seats on this side, while she took the other side.  T'was a very comfortable flight!

After KL, my next favourite destination on the list which Air Asia Zest flies to, is Cebu City, since this is where I grew up.  None of my family lives there anymore, and we just rent out our house there.  However, I still visit the city at least twice a year, since my business has a satellite office there, and I get to meet my grade school and high school friends, which are always fun experiences!  Normally, during my stay there, I usually just stay in the city, visit my friends, hang out and reconnect.  I feel the need to connect with people who knew me when I was younger to remind me to stay humble and grounded despite all the achievements and successes I may have had in my life - and Cebu is always a fantastic place to unwind!  Right now, I’m very interested to see the whales in Donsol or have a weekend at the beautiful idyllic beaches in the Bantayan Islands in the northern part of the island.  

Bonding with my grade school friends in Cebu!

Taken in one of the restaurants in the hills of Cebu, overlooking the city skyline!  The full moon was magnificent the night we had dinner at this place.
       Finally, my third favorite destination that I love, which Air Asia Zest flies to is Davao City.  I traveled there for the first time this year and I had the most amazing encounter with the Philippine eagle!  I am not really a nature person, but having this magnificent bird perched on my arm, was probably the closest I have come to God!  This beautiful majestic creature just showed me the real beauty of God's creations!  Of course, we didn't miss out eating durian and marang - a must for anyone visiting Davao!  A trip there won't be complete without eating those fruits!  Actually, I wouldn’t mind going back to Davao again since we missed going to Samal Island, which I think would be the priority for the next trip.  It would be fantastic if I get the chance to stay at the Pearl Farm!

There are durian and marang fruit stalls along this highway we took and we decided to stop in one of them and have a bite from this really delicious marang!

I just love this picture!  The Philippine eagle is just magnificent!

The caretaker of the Philippine eagle took this picture of the bird and us!  Pretty amazing!

I would definitely continue to urge my friends that when they travel in Asia to travel with AirAsia Zest.  Furthermore, now that the airline already flies from Manila, I would definitely encourage my different groups of barkada to travel in the Philippines through them.  Anyway, I am usually the one assigned to plan our trips so they just usually follow the airline I choose – and it’s not very difficult to convince them.  Why? The reasonable ticket prices of Air Asia Zest!!  And I can personally vouch for this with my experiences with Air Asia.  I shelled out 12k pesos for my KL trip for me and my BFF (that’s for two persons already) and then, I was luckier with Mama because Air Asia then had a sale, so I got our KL tickets for just 3k pesos each!!   

I wouldn’t be surprised if Air Asia Zest continues that tradition of offering low fares and I would definitely prowl their website, especially when they have seat sales so that I can get the best deal.  That way, I can travel to more places within a year!  Among the places in the Philippines Air Asia Zest is flying to are Cebu, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Tagbilaran, Puerto Princesa and everyone's favorite beach holiday place, Boracay (through Kalibo).  Outside of the country, the airline now includes Shanghai in China and Incheon in South Korea in its network, plus of course, Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia.

Finally, another thing that I liked about Air Asia was that their in-flight service was great!  Their flight attendants were friendly, approachable and very helpful and they really made us feel relaxed throughout the flight!  Of course, with their new partnership, I expect the same friendly and accommodating service from Air Asia Zest.  With all these perks,
AirAsia Zest is definitely the right way to fly!


  •  




No comments:

Post a Comment