Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I almost died today. By electrocution.


I almost died today. By electrocution.
Imagine that, me being charred to death...ewww...sa ganda kong eto.....nakuryente lang ang katapusan.
Anyhow, my guardian angel or angels were apparently hovering over me as I plugged the voltage regulator of the computer, which suddenly exploded and the spark was so loud.

I think my fingers were just millimeters away from the spark.
What happened was the plug was separated from its wire! Looks like a China-made voltage regulator! (Picture shown below).
I shudder to think what would've happened if I did connect with the socket!
Anyhow, this talk about death and dying comes at the heels of our talk last night with some friends over some of my health issues.
I admit I have a cavalier attitude towards death. I have a lived a very exciting and wonderful life and if God takes me today, I wouldn't really mind.
The men in the Fabe family (our lineage) all died young as well, so there is always that thought hovering at the back of my head, now that I am approaching the age when Papa died. (He died when he was 49. His younger brother, Uncle Ven, died at 36. Their two 'older' brothers died during World War II at 10 and 9 due to pneumonia.)
So dying young for the menfolk in my lineage is not unusual.
I guess it also comes at the heels of the sudden death of Isabel Granada at only 41, due to brain aneurysm.
That could also happen to me with all my health issues.
Men dying suddenly in their 40s and 50s are so commonplace nowadays nobody gets shocked anymore.
I don't know. I do try to be as healthy as I could. I try to eat as healthy as I could and exercise as much as I could.
I try to ward of stress as best as I could - and I think - in Isabel's case - she had some stressful things hovering over her - which she does not talk about.
I never talk about what stresses me. My problems can as imposing as Mount Everest but I don't show any emotion to anyone to show how stressed I am already about them.
I just keep everything quiet.
How else could I have survived my high school years and college if I were such a cry baby!!
So now that I am much older, I still keep most of my problems close to my chest - and just show a cheerful face to everyone - when in reality - I wish I were dead.
I am just very happy I am teaching right now and my students have certainly given me a lifeline to finding more fulfillment in my existence.
I guess it was not my time to die today.
Right after that incident, I put "be mindful what you eat" an "eat healthier" in my journal.
Maybe that should ward off a potential future heart attack for me - which any guy now in his 40s or 50s has to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment