Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

How Do You Train A Neophyte Debate Team?




I have been privileged as a young student to have had excellent coaches like Madam Vidal (Cheve Canlobo Vidal), Sir Reynaldo Detosil and our Economics teacher in high school (her name slips my mind now), because they have helped me and the school's team win in citywide, regional and national competitions.
Now,the tables have turned and it's my turn to coach our school's neophyte debate team for the Harvard Model Congress Asia competition in HK this January.
So I'm a bit freaked out right now.
I am training almost the same team that competed in the Model UN last October and I have seen how more confident in speaking the students have become after they joined that competition.
My background in debate is only limited to what was taught to us in high school so I decided to get these books last night which I feel could help the kids.
I even added The Economist just so it can help the kids form their own arguments and see how analysts combine research and their opinions to form an argument.
Any other tips which you can recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment