Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday Painting Classes with Amos Manlangit







If you want to do something different yet productive on a rainy Saturday night, and have the necessary creative talent for it, I strongly suggest you join the painting classes of my good friend, Amos Manlangit.

Not only is he a bonafide painter with several successful exhibitions, he is also a very astute teacher who is able to adjust his teaching methods to people of different ages.

I have known him more as a Body Jammer for years, but tonight I have seen first hand his ability to give the right advice to budding painters like my nephew Dylan and Mama, who is herself, an amateur painter.

When Mama asked him how to make her sunflowers more three-dimensional, Amos Manlangit taught her how to use different colours so that the sunflowers don't look flat, and instead, look like they're really blooming!

He also taught Dylan how to mix colours and apply different brush strokes to achieve a tempestous seascape.

It's a Saturday night well spent and the place we were in, a resto-cafe-artist space called Negative Space in Maginhawa Street not only provides a well-let, comfortable conditions for painting, you can also have your tea, coffee or hot chocolate while waiting for your loved ones to finish painting.

I am no painter myself, and I have to muster some self-confidence to paint in such a public place, but I trust Amos Manlangit enough to bring out the creative side in me.

The fees are reasonable and if you're hungry, the cafe has delicious croissants, even real dishes to make you full.

Just PM Amos Manlangit for the next schedule because he's such a busy guy! Dylan and Mama have already booked their seats for the next painting class next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment