Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Book Review: Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy

"She had a rule to stop herself brooding about things. When you can, you must concentrate feverishly on work, and if that doesn't work, concentrate feverishly on sex and social life."

Maeve Binchy from Scarlet Feather

I was introduced to Maeve Binchy after I saw the 1995 movie Circle of Friends which I learned later on was based on her novel. I have since then been reading some of her novels and I just finished Scarlet Feather, which is one of her longer works. Even though it was a bit long, I enjoyed reading it since there were so many interesting characters in it and it allowed me to peek into the lives of Dubliners. While I was reading it, it was as if I was watching a reality TV show with different couples working on keeping their relationships and families trying their best not to disintegrate. I especially like the two kids, Simon and Maud, because of the way they are trying to cope with two detached parents and having to adjust to new people who have become their new family. It's a quiet and relaxing read and it was easy to visualize the characters as real people we meet and socialize with everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment