Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Irene Nemirovsky Still Tells The Tale

I just finished reading Irene Nemirovsky's Suite Francaise today and I was very surprised at how abrupt the story ended - only to find out later on that Irene actually died in 1942 - one of the unfortunate Jews gassed in Auschwitz.  Yet the story that she wrote - Suite Francaise lived on!  There are two parallel stories in this book - one telling the story about the people who escaped Paris during the first wave of bombings and then the countryside story about a village occupied by German soldiers.

Anyway, I only read about Irene's life after I read the whole book. I even ignored the prologue and the part where there was an exchange of letters between Irene, her husband and their friends.  I was completely floored and saddened to learn that she never survived the war!  Now, I want to read her other novels since she has such an intriguing style of writing.  Her characterization is so vivid and you can easily summon each of her characters to life.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment