Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inspired by the Story of Samantha Sotto - Writer



Like any ambitious writer, to have a book published has always been one of my dreams, something which I think I could already in the next few years, if I just put my heart and mind on it.  So I was inspired today as I read the story behind the book Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto.  She just devoted around three hours of her time everyday, as she waited for her son to come out of school and slowly but surely, she was able to come out with a manuscript and after sending it to around 30 publishers, she was able to get a book deal.

In that article, she said that she wrote about 120,000 words which she had to trim down to 85,000.  She said take out the adjectives. Yikes!  Anyhow, I did my own math and found out that if I did one page a day at 250 words per page, I would be able to finish my book in one year's time.  If I wrote even faster than that, I could finish the book in less time!  Now, if only I could just buckle time and really give this endeavor the time - and concentration it deserves!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment