Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reading Le Clezio's Desert Day 1 - September 29

I have been studying French since 2008 and I am now in the stage where I can read books and newspapers.  To help me retain some of the vocabulary, I am now reading a novel by Nobel Prize winner, J.M.G. Le Clezio, entitled 'Desert, and everyday, as I read two pages of it, I will take note of some of the vocabulary I've learned. 


Here are three words I've chosen today -

1.  grommeler - to grumble, to snort

 From the book -   ' Les chameaux grommelaient, éternuaient.'

My own sentence:  'Les gens grommelaient mais ils pouvaient fait rien à cause de peur des représailles.'

2. éternuer - to sneeze

My own sentence: 'Jéternue quand il y a des allergènes dans l'environnement.'

3.  durcir - to harden

From the book - 'La  sécheresse avait durci leurs lèvres et leur langue.'

My own sentence: 'La terre a durci à cause du sécheresse.'
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment