Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2017

Isabelle Huppert for Oscar Best Actress 2017


The Oscars are going to be handed out Monday morning next week (Phil. time) and I won't be able to watch it live since I have work, but anyhow, there are some people that I hope would win that night.
I am especially excited for French actress, Isabelle Huppert, one of my favorite actresses. I remember dragging my brother and our friend Charina to some of her movies since the art cinemas in Hong Kong had a festival of all of her films - and I remember we went out of The Piano Teacher wondering what the hell was that all about!
If you were not into sadomasochism or sexual self-mutilation, you'd be like, nganga, watching the film. And she won the Cannes Best Actress award for it.
Elle, which got her this Oscar nomination, is a sexual drama as well, and the reviews on her work are amazing! I still have to see the movie but knowing what Isabelle is capable of, I'm sure this one is a showstopper!
Emma Stone was sweet and wonderful in La La Land, but she's only ten years old, compared to the monumental achievement in acting that Isabelle has shown throughout her career.
Elle is probably her only performance that could reach a wide American and worldwide audience, especially if she wins.
She should win.

No comments:

Post a Comment