Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I'll Be Watching this Metro Manila Film Festival 2012




It used to be that the two weeks after Christmas would be non-movie viewing weeks for me since I'd normally snub the Metro Manila Film Fest unless a Nora Aunor movie was there or maybe an interesting installment of Shake Rattle and Roll.  

Well, nothing has changed much for the past thirty years I've been watching movies, since the truth is, the producers who release movies during this period have really run out of good ideas - Enteng Ng Ina Mo? What's next - Ina ng Panday Mo?  And what, another Panday?  I was still a kid when they made Panday movies - and Da King was THE Panday.  Couldn't quite see how Bong Revilla measures up to him.

Anyhow, being the good Filipino that I am, and feeling guilty that 90% of movies that I saw this year were foreign-made, the MMFF is a good time to make amends, since ALL the movies are locally made.  So anyway, the posters for the movies showing Christmas weekend are already out and I've been deciding which movies to watch first.

Out of the eight, I will most likely watch three.  Kris Aquino's Segunda Mano would be first choice.  Don't we just love Kris and her horror movies?! I don't know why she doesn't make one a year and make it an event movie.  

The twelfth installment of Shake Rattle and Roll would be my second choice.  I missed the last one but the one before it, was something I enjoyed - since they featured several 80s stars - which is good for someone in his 40s.  

Finally, Yesterday Today Tomorrow would be the third movie I'd watch.  It's a beautiful cast, I mean physically, so nothing like eye candy vilifying each other onscreen!  And it helps that Paulo Avelino and Dennis Trillo are baring there!

As for the other movies, well, they already have a built in audience starving for them.  They've all been blockbusters before and have proven their draw and frankly, it would be plain torture for me to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment