Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Restaurant Review: Sunburst Chicken Ayala Terraces Cebu

The entrance to the resto

their 2-piece chicken
Anyone who grew up in Cebu in the 80s would be familiar with Sunburst chicken!  When I was in high school this was one of the preferred places to eat!! You have to remember that in the early 80s, Jollibee and McDo were not that ubiquitous yet, and were not considered 'class' places to eat for a celebration.

Fast forward almost thirty years later and the first resto I wanted to try out in my recent Cebu vaycay was, well, Sunburst! I bumped into my cousins late afternoon Wednesday and I coaxed them to join me for an early dinner treat.  They just had clubhouse sandwiches while I had their version of a 2-piece chicken.  Well, sad to say, the chicken was really bland and not tasty at all.  T'was a bit of a disappointment really since Sunburst chicken is considered "homegrown" food for many Cebuanos - and we have wonderful memories of the food.  Not this time though.  Maybe I should try their branch at SM City Cebu next time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment