Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dead Poets' Society: One of My Ten Favorite Movies From the 80s



Carpe diem! Who can ever forget Robin Williams fantastic performance here as the inspirational teacher? I too was inspired by how he handled his class and this movie was particularly important for me since I was in the 'suicidal' phase of my life when I saw this movie! I practically understood why the guy here committed suicide. None of my classmates who watched this with me, could relate to it. Because I could relate to the suicide act, I was really shaken by it since I knew I was this close to killing myself too (and that was in real life! - this is just a movie!) In a way, this movie showed me another way out of my 'misery' at that time. Thanks again to Peter Weir!

No comments:

Post a Comment