Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, March 18, 2011

Olivier Ochanine: The Conductor of the PPO Looks Like A Rock Star!



I am so stupid!  I have been watching the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra (PPO) at the Cultural Center of the Philippines for years now, but last year, I don't know why I stopped watching.  I think I missed a lot of good shows since I met the conductor of the PPO tonight, and I was shocked!  I was expecting a stern looking older guy, but the guy I saw looked like a freaking rock star!  You should see the muscles in his back when he conducts!  It's markedly defined and it shows through his snug conductor's uniform! 



I just read an article now from the Philippine Star that he was hired by the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra April of last year!! So I missed so many shows which he conducted, INCLUDING one of my favorites - Samuel Barbers' Adagio for Strings!!  Anyway, it's never too late, and tonight, I got to see him conduct the PPO to Verdi's Monumental Requiem - an ambitious piece to take on - considering that it's about an 80 minute piece of work with no rest, and involved four soloists and a huge choir!  And the music was sad - it's a funeral mass after all.





Anyhow, he's a very theatrical conductor and you could really see him urge even the singers to do their best.  I am now looking forward to seeing more of him in the PPOs next shows.  There's only one left though, this season and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment