Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Still Lovin' Dead Poets Society



I just had my lunch today and I chanced upon this classic movie, Dead Poets Society, coming on in HBO, and I decided to watch it again.  As the film began and proceeded, it felt like I was just having a conversation with an old long lost friend.  And as I read the reviews this movie has online, I knew that I was not the only one touched by what this movie preached about - carpe diem!  I know all of us have a teacher very much like the character played by Robbie Williams here and how that teacher has touched our lives and molded us to the people we are now today.

What I focused more, as I watched this movie now, is how the movie suddenly had that suicide tucked into its plot - because when I saw it first, way back in 1989, I knew that if I were in that guy's shoes, suicide would be the first thing for me to do.  But now that I am more mature and more successful, that decision would have been foolish and loser-like.  And well, I saw a boy trapped and unwilling to assert himself against a domineering parent.  And understood again, why he would do a reckless and unforgiving thing.

The movie still made me cry even now.   Oh Captain, my Captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment