Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Movie Review: 'Departures' Elegant, Sad, Elegiac




I've had the DVD of Departures for the longest time already but I only watched it tonight and I was really touched by it!  It's a very elegant movie - showing the beauty and intricacies of Japanese culture.  I think the Academy voted for this movie because of how beautiful it presented the culture of death in Japan and of course, there has to be tears falling, and sadness, and this film shows that in a very moving scene towards the end of the movie.  The beauty of the stones, the exquisite preparation of the dead - the magnificent cello music - such a heavenly movie to watch!  I really really liked it!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment