Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Movie Review: The Innocent and Melancholic 'The Virgin Suicides'


I have always liked Sofia Coppola's work although sometimes she makes boring movies, but not The Virgin Suicides, which I finally saw last night.  I remember buying the DVD ages ago but I never got around to watching it!

Anyway, it features a very young Kirsten Dunst and Josh Hartnett but the movie does not really revolve around them.  It's about these five beautiful sisters who have a tragic link - they all committed suicide!

However, you only feel a bit of melancholy in the movie since it's written more like a remembrance of good memories since it's written from the point of view of the five young men who had great memories about these five beautiful girls.

It's also the first time I've seen Kathleen Turner act in a very long time!  Her character though is not quite sympathetic - I mean, gosh, if all your kids killed themselves, something is really wrong somewhere!

The movie is also an ode to the 70s style and fashion and music!  I love the music!!  Sofia is a genius in that way, the way she evokes the style of a decade!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment