Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Michael Williams: Superb as Dr. Jekyll

I last saw him in last year's 39 Steps, where he was nominated for Best Actor in a Play for my PinkFoxPatrol Theater Awards for 2011 - and he was pretty funny in that play!  This year, though, he plays an even more challenging role as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  I know I already wrote about his acting in the review of this musical, but it's just that some performances stand out from the rest that it's worth writing aboutit in another blog article.  The theater season this year is still young (it's only the end of March) but most of the guys who would want to win the PinkFoxPatrol Best Actor in a Musical award for this year, may have a tough act to follow as Michael's performance here is the one to beat, as of yet, this year.

It's difficult to elicit fear in a live musical, but my friend and I were actually afraid of what he would do as his character killed and killed and killed with wanton evil. You would actually really hate Mr. Hyde here but of course, you'd realize, only one person is playing both, so to convey that feeling for a person was quite remarkable for me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment