Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Being Holy in Our Daily Lives

While I was reading Saint Josemaria Escriva when I was in high school, I was struck by his preaching - that of becoming holy, even as ordinary people.  Yes, we put on pedestals those saints who suffered dramatically for their faith - and the reality is, many of us will never be given that opportunity to be dramatic in our spiritual lives.  So I realized that, yes, what St. Escriva was saying is possible, because there are many ordinary people around us who live holy lives.  They may not emanate the holy glow or the halo on their heads - but everybody knows that they are good people.

So with the start today of the Lenten season, being Ash Wednesday, I will consciously rid my life of unholy behavior and step by step, match God's holiness.  It's not going to be easy since I'm sure it's a battle I'll do till I do, but if I just consciously think about it, maybe, I could become a holier person.  I could start with the simple sins first and go from there.  Whew, just thinking about it makes me think I'm climbing the Himalayas in beach wear!  But as they say, there is no impossibility with God!  So vamonos!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment