Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

Movie Review: Trust Will Make You Squirm in Your Seat



There's a creep in this movie and he's as bland and harmless looking as your Physics teacher in school. 


That he gets the trust of young female teenagers and sexually assaults them will be the reason why watching this movie, Trust, will make you squirm in your seat!  A variety of emotions passed through me as I was watching this movie, and it has certainly served as a cautionary tale for me since I have a niece and a nephew who will soon be both Internet users.

Clive Owen and Catherine Keener both give exemplary performances here, as always, but there are 'weird' things in the script which will make you question the logic of the movie.  As to why the young girl feels like she should protect the person who raped her befuddles me.  Also, when Clive Owen's best friend says that, oh, it's not really rape, really shocked me.  Hello, his daughter is only 14 years old!  I was surprised the actor who played it did not even question his own line!

Other than those, the movie tries to be relevant and plays all the reactions of a family breaking apart due to the machinations of a sexual predator.  Interestingly, David Schwimmer directed this.  Now I wonder, how Martin Scorses would've dealt with this subject matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment