Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, August 15, 2011

On Insulting God Through Art

File:Piss Christ by Serrano Andres (1987).jpg

THAT controversial exhibition at the CCP which infuriated some Filipinos is in my opinion, not even beautiful art.  I think a Grade 5 student can actually do the same thing, especially if he's not Catholic or has no knowledge that that picture is supposedly the picture of Jesus Christ (yeah, as my Spanish teacher said, does anyone really actually know how he looks like!). 

Anyway, it made me remember, more provocative artwork that in a way, 'insults God', and in my opinion, are more thought provoking than what our local artist did. It was just a collage anyway, and any group of college students can do a collage quite easily.

That photo above is quite controversial but I like what the artist, Andres Serrano, said it signifies - the commercialization of the image of Christ - Christ for sale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment