Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Thoughts: How I Did My Own Resurrection



I have always been an optimist in many ways so you could say that Easter is just an extension of who I am in real life.  But that was not always the case.  I went through a phase in my young life where I even thought of committing suicide.  But I guess, like Jesus, after three days, I rose again, of course, in reality, it was more like twenty years later.  So today, being Easter, I'd like to share my thoughts on how you can have your own life's resurrection -

1.  Cut off all the negative people from your life.  Really!  Even if they're your family.  So now, except for my mother, who is one big baggage herself, I have just cut off everyone who has brought me down or made my life miserable before.  I just simply said Adios to them.  Negative people are never nice to be around with so stay FAR FAR AWAY from them.  Unless of course, you are a negative person yourself, tsk tsk.....

2.  I am an awesome person.  I am a good person.  I am a wonderful person.  I always say this everyday to myself.  As early as eight years ago, I was my own worst critic.  My self-depracation was so bad, even my close friends were alarmed by it and warned me not to be so hard on myself.  So I followed their advise and just accepted my faults and weaknesses and magnified my abilities.  Of course, without being a brag about them.

3.  Trust in God.  Everything will fall into place.  I used to worry a lot before but nowadays, I just leave it to God.  Not very easy to do since the truth is, you'd have to do your share first before things fall into place. God is not a genie and will not do things for you.  As they say, 'Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa."  If a cloud passes through my life, I just stay calm about it and believe that God will soon blow that cloud away.  And He always does.

4.  Continue to grow.  I try my best to grow physically, spiritually, emotionally and intellectually.  Stagnation is not good and will lead to a lot of self-doubt.  Challenge yourself with new tasks and if possible, get out of your comfort zones.

Well, your resurrection will not happen in one day.  For me, it took about twenty years and it was a gradual process.  But when you achieve it, it's a most wonderful feeling of emancipation, or more self-love and more self-belief.  It's a harsh world we live in, and if we can't give off positivity to everyone, what use are we to them!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment