Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In the Presence of Greatness: Bienvenido Lumbera - National Artist for Literature



















If I only had 1/100th the talent of this guy, I might be able to finally write that novel in my head!  But since God gave me other gifts, I can only look with admiration and a bit of envy at what poets, critics and writers like Bienvenido Lumbera can do!  He's definitely one of the pillars of contemporary Philippine literature - and that he used his pen to fight the mighty Marcos dictatorship - shows that he's one of the reasons why we are enjoying our freedoms today.  He's a living National Artist mind you and I was so honored to be able to have a photo op with him last nigh!

I really sought him out last night because I believe we should celebrate our writers and glorify them - otherwise, we would be a country without a soul.  He's a very amiable person and if only I took lit subjects in UP, he might have been one of my professors. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment